Friday 26 June 2015

THE TERMINATOR - 30th Anniversary Movie Poster & Modern Trailers




I make no secret that I'm a big fan of The Terminator. It's been a favourite of mine since the moment I first saw it - I was mesmerised from then on. In fact I made a short blog about making a T800 Endo Skull last year (you can see it here).

To mark the 30th Anniversary of the movie's release I decided to illustrate the above poster, capturing the moment that Arnie first arrives and the rollercoaster thrill ride begins. I also rolled up my video editing sleeves and tried my hand at cutting together what I imagine a modern version of a trailer for The Termintor would look like if the movie was to be released today.

The first trailer is a longer more spoilerific cut (which seems to be the typical approach of many contemporary trailers), and the second cut is a sleeker, less spoiler-ey version. My one self-imposed rule for both trailers: do not show the robotic endoskeleton. After I released the trailer(s) I received a very kind compliment from Gale Ann Hurd (producer and co-writer of The Terminator): "Your ‘trailer’ serves as an absolutely fantastic reminder of the storyline and the film’s iconic imagery." That was very nice of her!

No comments:

Post a Comment