Sunday 5 July 2015

Free Bokeh Light Lens Effect Brushes (Photoshop)


I created a couple of custom brushes for Adobe Photoshop (CC 2014) when was I painting my Terminator 30th Anniversary Poster, to simulate an out-of-focus 'bokeh' lens effect for the distant city lights (as seen in the above cropped section of my poster background). So I've shared them here for you to use on your personal projects.

One is a single, pressure sensitive brush (linked to opacity and size), and the other creates a random scatter effect, again dictated by pen pressure.

My personal workflow was to create a dedicated Photoshop layer for each colour, using the 'Linear Dodge (Add)' blending mode.

If you find either Photoshop brush of use, please leave a comment.

DOWNLOAD PHOTOSHOP BOKEH BRUSHES HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment